Hygiene Senior Supervisor
The purpose of the role is to implement and supervise all factory and office cleaning in line with the agreed hygiene schedules and cleaning instruction cards established by the Hygiene Manager and the General Manager, in order to maintain product safety, hygiene and microbiological standards. Deputise for the Hygiene Manager as required. Provide direct management of the night & day hygiene operations.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Manage the hygiene during the night shift – ensuring that the required resources are available to maintain the required standards.
- Manage the day shift Hygiene staff, setting objectives, tasks and managing the staffing levels and holiday cover.
- Maintain the staffing levels as agreed with the Hygiene Manger/General Manager
- Monitor staff numbers and labour costs – maintain accurate records for use by hygiene manager.
- Supervise and brief Hygiene Supervisor / Hygiene Team Leaders / Hygiene Operatives in maintaining satisfactory standards of performance, safety and hygiene
- Maintain a close working relationship with Departmental and Senior Managers to ensure that the hygiene needs of their departments and the factory as a whole, are met at all times
- Ensure the cleanliness of the canteens, locker rooms and toilet areas at all times maintaining stock replenishment systems when required
- Instruct and carry out the cleaning of all machinery at the request of the Departmental Managers
- Ensure that cleaning and disinfection are carried out at the frequency and according to the methods laid down in the factory hygiene schedule and instruction cards
- Responsible for checking the standard of cleaning is in accordance with the specifications via visual inspection, and signing the required documentation
- Manage and maintain the staffing levels, ensuring that all staff are fully trained and working efficiently
- Under the advice of the HR Department, liaise with the Hygiene Manager to action any discipline and grievance requirements of the Hygiene workers
- Maintain a weekly stock check of cleaning chemicals and equipment and replenish where necessary ensuring that there are no undue shortages
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is maintained in an effective, hygienic condition, maintain housekeeping standards at all times
- Manage the hygienic collection and disposal of site waste
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (preferably food related)
- Proven track record of managing teams
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
Shift pattern: Monday-Friday, start/finish TBC (flexibility required)
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 27th April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward