Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our state-of-the-art facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
Reporting into the HSE Manager, the HSE Co-ordinator will assist in generating and promoting a positive health and safety culture on the site and therefore we are looking for a determined, ambitious and committed individual to join our team.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Adopt and implement working practices that are safe and comply with current legislation
- Implement, manage and control the site H&S communication strategy
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Lead the in-house training program and working with departmental managers and employees, cascading health and safety issues and risks
- Attend site H&S meetings, ensuring minutes are taken and action plans made, including ensuring timely completion of action plans
- Creating and maintaining of onsite Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments
- Work with the occupational health department/providers to ensure employee safety and welfare in line with current legislation
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Proven experience of a Health & Safety specialist in a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH Qualified or working towards
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Excellent social skills, empowering those around you
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike. This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive HSE Coordinator to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
Internal applicants must inform their line manager before applying and confirm at interview.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: Lazenbys.email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward