To lead and manage the Human Resources department to ensure business objectives are achieved whilst ensuring strict compliance with employment law and company policies and procedures.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- To provide a professional, proactive and business focused HR Service
- To manage and deliver the HR function, ensuring that written procedures and supporting documentation are in place which comply fully with employment law, Company policy and custom & practice.
- Create and lead the site HR and L&D strategy to drive site performance and sustained improvements, whilst following the principles of the Group HR Strategy.
- Lead regular reviews of business performance in the areas of attraction, engagement, retention, and development of our employees, identifying & building a plan to implement improvement.
- To positively manage constructive working practices and provide solutions to employee issues.
- To design and deliver HR related training as well as to support the business with coordinating other training requirements to meet operational goals.
- To provide support and guidance at all levels in disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance management
- To ensure all HR records are fully maintained and held in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act, and Ethical Trading Requirements.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years is expected.
- CIPD Level 7 qualified.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills are required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Acts as a positive leader and role model for others, with a genuine passion for HR and L&D practices.
- Able to build & articulate a clear people vision and inspire sustained change
- Proactive team players with strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Miranda Spencer, HR Director (Miranda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 12noon on 24th September 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.