Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm)
(Cranswick Country Foods, Preston)
Cranswick is a leading UK food producer with revenue approaching £1.9 Billion. We produce and supply premium food to high profile UK grocery retailers, the food service sector and other UK and global customers.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a HR Assistant to join the busy HR team at our Preston site near Hull (HU12 8TB). The successful candidate will become an integral part of the sites HR function, supporting with a variety of aspects such as employee relation cases, employee engagement and welfare, accurate KPI reporting and day-to-day communication with employees.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and organised team player with a passion for HR. With our industry leading facilities and ambitious growth plan, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Main duties include (but not limited to);
- Support Line Managers, offering advice and solutions on employment matters.
- Managing absence management on-site in relation to Bradford Factor
- Assist with the welfare of all employees on site
- Ensure effective coordination of employment relations cases, including document management
- Ensure that all documentation is complete, checked and saved on the HR and training systems and/or Timeware
- Maintain employee databases and compile daily / weekly / monthly KPIs
- Liaising with on-site labour providers regarding the transfer of workers
- Schedule employment reviews and complete associated documentation
- Monitor maternity, paternity, parental and adoptive leave ensuring that all notification requirements are received and entitlement confirmed in line with legal requirements
- Collect information for internal and external audits
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures and codes of practice
- Minimum Level 3 CIPD Qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a HR function
- Good understanding in IT including all Microsoft packages
- Excellent team player
- Strong communication and organisation skills
We can offer;
- Competitive rates of pay
- Strong commitment to progression and personal development
- Profit sharing through discounted share scheme
- Hassle free auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- Access to our 'Feed your Wellbeing' platform
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk,
Closing Date: 04/09/2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.