HR Advisor - Employee Relations
Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic and highly motivated HR professional, to join our Human Resources Team.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this role provides comprehensive and professional support to all colleagues within the organisation, in order to proactively support and add value to the delivery of the business objectives.
The main duties of the role include:
- Provide generalist HR support, coaching and advice to all managers on matters such as grievance, discipline, absence management, maternity, paternity etc.
- Support the management team in the leadership of the organisation, to ensure the development of skills and knowledge in all areas of people mamagement
- To initiate and manage HR projects as assigned; identifying situations which have a people impact and influencing decisions made
- With guidance, ensure the reward and recognition policies and practices meet the needs of the customer groups and are implemented in a fair and equal fashion
- Develop expertise in all areas of employee relations, legislation and guidance (including ACAS code of practice) and best practice
- Track and analyse trends within employee relations and provide suggestions on improvements in practice
- Supporting the HR Manager with coordinating areas of legal challenge such as employment tribunals, liasing with the legal team, HR, external solicitors across the organisation
- Management of absence, in particular long term, liasing with the Occupational Health supplier in order to reduce absenteeism
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a generalist position and a background in Employee Relations
- Be educated to degree level, prefereably in behavioural or social science (or A Level if exceptional experience is above requirements below)
- CIPD Level 5, or studying towards
- Ideally have experience in a fast moving consumer mgoods or manufacturing
A full job description is available upon request.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 21st June 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying