High Risk Slicing Factory Manager
Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in the UK. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, apply today.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a High- Risk Slicing Factory Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the 24/7 safe effective operation of 19 slicing lines, with 2 direct shift manager reports, c.350 operatives and front- line management with an output of c.4 Million retail packs per week. As a Manager within the business you are expected to work towards delivery of your assigned KPI’s while encouraging an inclusive and collaborative attitude towards interdepartmental relationships, Additionally you will be constantly working to demonstrate tangible and sustained KPI improvement under the five strategic manufacturing pillars (QVIPS). Adopting a CI approach to deliver a right first- time culture, mentoring and developing the team in lean manufacturing techniques to drive the site and business overall strategy.
Main duties include;
- Develop the high- risk strategy to support the business strategy.
- Safe leadership and safe operation of High Risk.
- Drive team performance via tier meetings, problem solving teams and data capture.
- Working with the CI manager and leadership team drive continuous improvement using lean techniques.
- Effective development performance appraisals, mentoring and coaching.
- Develop a training and retention plan for high risk
- Holiday and absence management.
- Provide leadership and support for the site Second Nature strategy.
- Ensure production targets, OEE, Labour, Yield and Waste performance and other Key KPI’s are achieved.
- With 4 key major customers you will be responsible driving quality and for leading audits/visits in your area.
- Lead site steering teams on key site activity, which will include Site Senior Leadership Team members, colleagues, and subordinate team members alike.
- Budgetary and cost control and a proven experience of managing a large team within chilled manufacturing.
- Deputising the Site Operations Manager, this part of the position forms part of the senior team and plays a pivotal role in the company’s decision process and must show a proactive approach, with the ability to manage and influence key stakeholders at senior level.
Requirements, experience, and person specification:
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing operations (preferably food related).
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proven track record in achieving compliance and consistent product via following agreed processes and systems.
- Ability to interact with customers and work towards leading audits.A full job description is available upon request.
- Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Interested? Please apply in writing by submitting your cv and covering letter to the HR department or emailing
Closing Date: Friday 11TH February 2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.