High Risk (Scale) Operatives
4 on 4 off A and B Days (5am-5pm)
Cranswick Country Foods Poultry is a specialty producer of delicious, cooked poultry ingredients and leading innovators in our industry. We create exciting, original products that meet the needs of today’s busy consumers. Working closely with customers, our bespoke chicken and turkey products offer creative and flavoursome lunchtime solutions, including street food-inspired dishes, superfood salads, hot and cold sandwiches and much more.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for scale operatives to join the busy High Risk team at the Poultry site.
The purpose of the role is to produce work of a high standard by adhering to quality standards to ensure that product is produced to agreed specifications and to operate machinery at the optimum run speeds and achieve set targets.
The key elements of the role are to assume responsibility for:
- Weighing the product
- Ensure all product is visually and physically checked for contamination
- Feeding the cooked product into slicing, shredding and dicing machines, etc.
- Ensure product trainability is maintained at all times by attaching the product label to trollies, trays etc.
- Feeding the product into production packing lines
- To conduct preflight checks, checking the machine speed is set up correctly, no visual damage to the machine
- To ensure the lines are serviced with the product when required
- Ensure the product is size reduced to the correct specification (size, rotation, etc.)
- To help guide and train new starters
- Ensure the companies hygiene policies are adhered too and maintained at all times.
- Ensure correct storage of the product in the area
- Any other responsibilities commensurate with the post.
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to
CLOSING DATE: 06/07/2020
Internal applicants must make their Line Manager aware before applying