High Risk Planner
An opportunity has arisen for a Planner, working 4 days on, 4 days off – core hours are 05.15am – 17.15pm.
This role is crutial for the business to run . As a planner you have to ensure Service Levels are maintained at the highest level, by working closely with the Operations team to ensure the Plan provided is achievable, the most efficient / cost effective plan it can be.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- Set Production Plans to maintain Service Levels at the highest level. Production Plans that are inline with Allergen / technical guidelines. Production Plans that ensure product is available OTIF for despatch.
- Production Plans that are as efficient / cost effective as they can be.
- Provide regular plan attainment updates to the business throughout the day.
- Communicate out any concerns at the earliest opportunity to allow for corrective actions to be put in place.
- Liaise with GIST to ensure Stock / Orders are managed accordingly.
- Process Order confirmations & call-overs with GIST re Out of cycle.
- Work Closely with the LR Team / Planners to ensure plans are aligned with raw material availability, in order to fulfil service / allow plan completion / reduce write-offs.
- Manage & Co-ordinate Trim Utilisation.
- Check & Challenge accordingly stock levels v projected.
- To monitor customer forecasts and orders as received, and report any significant variances including actual orders v forecast.
- Minimise / manage through OOC finished product with the Account Managers to ensure no downgrades / write-off of finished pack.
- Build and maintain SOP’s for the role.
- Look for and drive to Implement CI opportunities.
- Provide cover / support to other Supply Chain roles.
- Support wider business projects and drives.
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (preferably food related)
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and processes
- Able to operate under pressure and flex with production peaks, ensuring the planning & Operations team are supported and achieve their objectives
- Knowledge of food quality, and Health & Safety standards
- Good communication skills to liaise between different departments
- Computer skills - ideally with Nav knowledge & good Excel skills; construction and interpretation of spreadsheets and accurate data input
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be able to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decisions
- Good problem-solving skills and a “Can-do” attitude
- Flexibility is required within the core hours set
A full job description is available upon request.Salary to be discussed at interview stage
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: Hazel Pearce, HR Manager by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th November 2019