Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
We are looking for an HGV Mechanic to work in our garage facility at Watton, Norfolk. This role is permanent full time working Monday – Friday between the hours of 07:30 and 17:00 and occasional Saturday mornings as required.
Job responsibilities of Mechanic:
- You will work in our garage facility, carrying out inspections, maintenance, repairs and MOT preparation of our entire group’s fleet of vehicles to DVSA standard.
- Completion of relevant paperwork and working to tight deadlines in a busy garage environment.
- You will also assist the team in maintaining and repairing the buildings and other equipment including forklift trucks, cars, LGV’s, agricultural machinery etc.
What you will need:
- To be motivated, flexible and have great communication skills as part of an established small team
- You must have experience in vehicle mechanics coupled with a relevant qualification semi-skilled or car/Agricultural trained
- HGV class 1 or 2 license (desirable) - training can be supported as part of career progression opportunity
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £30,846.40 PA
- Overtime - Time and a third, payable after 40 hours per week
- Attendance bonus of £20 per week
- Pension – currently 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Discounted sharescheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Enhanced holiday after 5 years’ service
Closing date: 17th June 2022 (please note this closing date may be brought forward if we receive significant interest). Interviews for this role are likely to be held by video call.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.