Health & Safety Co-ordinator
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Co-ordinator for a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract at our Valley Park site in Barnsley.
To Assist the Health and Safety Manager in ensuring that the Valley Park site operation is fully compliant with current up to date Health & safety legislation and best practice within the industry. Ensure that all Cranswick group of company’s Health & Safety policies, procedures and practices are in place and monitored and reviewed on a regular basis in liaison with the senior management team in order to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries by driving a health and safety culture throughout the site.
This role would suit an individual already working in a similar role or an individual wishing to develop their career within a H&S role.
· Regular inspections and auditing of the site’s health and safety performance in line with Group policy
· All site risk assessments including Fire, operational, manual handling, COSHH, DSE, Noise etc are in place, up to date and reviewed on a regular basis
· Full control of procedures covering all Contractors to site Including C.D.M , permits to work, insurance, PPE, contractors Handbook etc.
· Thorough Investigation of all accidents /Near misses in line with Group systems and reporting procedures ensuring that all documentation is accurate and accessible.
· Provide a fast response to the receipt and process of new liability claims information to the Group Health and Safety Manager.
· In close liaison with the training department deliver and evaluate health and safety training as required by divisional recommendations
· Chair the health and safety committee meeting and drive results.
· Designing and managing promotional campaigns to maintain health and safety awareness.
· Provide Support for site inductions to new colleagues and transferees on health and safety responsibilities.
· Assist the site to drive the maintenance of ISO45001 accreditation.
· Involvement with relevant external Audits E.g. Insurance, HSE, BRC etc
The successful candidate must have at least an NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Health & Safety.
Working hours are Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00. There may be some flexibility around these core hours, and we could also offer 1 day a week working from home.
If you are looking for a new role within the food manufacturing business, then please apply now.