Health and Safety Manager
About Cranswick Country Foods Fresh Poultry:
Cranswick Country Foods Fresh Poultry in Eye, Suffolk is serious about its quality chicken products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
Job requirements of Health and Safety Manager:
We are now recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join our site in Eye, Suffolk. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the health, safety and environmental practise on site, delivering best practise, complying with legislation and promoting a proactive, safe and environmentally friendly culture.
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday, 08:00-17:00
- To assist managers, supervisors & staff to identify & report hazards / near misses in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk
- Management of the health, safety & environmental systems within agreed resource parameters.
- To ensure the implementation of the group H&S strategic plans to raise the standards of health & safety at the site as directed by the Group health & Safety Manager.
- Advise directors, managers and supervisors in the implementation of practices and procedures to ensure that the site complies with statutory requirements and guidelines, and group standards.
- Liaise with group health & Safety and other senior managers to identify the correct levels of resources and manage the operation within these agreed parameters.
- Ensures full compliance of the company’s ISO 14001, 45001 & 50001 Management Systems
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
- Effectively manage energy and waste within the department
What you will need:
- Level 3 in Health and Safety. Either IOSH Managing Safely or Cranswick equivalent
- Hazards and near miss reporting training and accident investigation training.
- Detailed knowledge of systems, processes and procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate productive leadership by ensuring department managers are coached, mentored, challenged and aligned to key business objectives.
Pay and benefits:
- Rate of pay – £Competitive
- Auto enrolment into our company pension scheme
- Access to our ‘Feed your Wellbeing’ hub, offering a range of retail, restaurant and entertainment discounts and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Death in service insurance
- Additional holiday with service
- Free Parking and Canteen facilities
Email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 December 2023 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward )