Group Technical Supply Chain Technologist
Maternity Cover – 12 month fixed term contract
An opportunity has arisen within the Group Technical Supply Chain Assurance team for a Technologist to assist in managing Cranswick supply base to ensure it is approved and operating to agreed standards. The role holder will ensure all raw materials coming into Cranswick are agreed with Cranswick site (s) and the supplier. In addition, the raw materials are manufactured to high standards of hygiene, in accordance with good manufacturing practices and compliant with all retailer policies.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Check and approve raw material specifications against legal requirements, Cranwick and customer polices within the assigned time frame.
- Check, approve and review raw material suppliers ensuring that they have been approved as per the supplier approval procedures.
- Ensure raw material specifications are approved and readily available to Cranswick sites.
- To develop and maintain partnerships with suppliers through monitoring of standards, giving feedback and advice and, when required, overseeing an action plan to rectify non-conformances and improve standards.
- Organise and lead meetings with Cranswick sites to discuss suppliers and raw materials status.
- To maintain database with all supplier approval packs. Including Quor, SharePoint, and Access Databases.
- Ideally educated to degree level within Food Sector.
- Must have minimum one year’s experience of writing or checking specifications against legal and customer requirements.
- The successful applicant must be computer literate with experience of cloud-based systems and Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent communication skills as group technical deal with customers, suppliers, auditors and various departments within all Cranswick sites.
- Be able to work in small team and individually.
- Must be organised with good time-management skills, as they will be dealing with various queries from customers and sites across the group.
- Ideally, they should hold a full current driving licence, have access to a car.
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage. If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: Thursday 30th June 2022