Group Technical Supply Chain Assurance Apprenticeship
Full time (Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm)
Based at Cranswick Country Foods, Riverside, Hull
Cranswick is a leading UK food producer with a revenue of over £2.3 Billion. We produce and supply premium food to high-profile UK grocery retailers, the food service sector, and other UK and global customers. With 22 well-invested production facilities located around the UK, our values unite and inspire our people to deliver our purpose – to feed the nation with authentically made, sustainably produced food.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Group Technical Supply Chain Assurance team for an Apprentice to join our forward-thinking team. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the team, developing an abundance of skills and knowledge needed to start what could be a spectacular and secure career with one of the UK’s most sustainable food businesses. Alongside your full-time apprenticeship role, you will complete a Level 6 Food Industry Technical Progressional Degree with Sheffield Hallam University.
What you will be doing?
- You’ll work as part of the Group Technical Function to support the management of Cranswick ingredients supply base to ensure it is approved and operating to the agreed standards.
- You will ensure all raw materials coming into Cranswick are agreed with our site’s and supplier’s
- You’ll contribute to making sure the raw materials are manufactured to high standards of hygiene, in accordance with good manufacturing practices, and compliant with all retailer policies
- You will help to maintain internal business databases with all supplier approval packs for ingredients
- You will develop and maintain partnerships with suppliers through monitoring standards, giving feedback and advice, and, when required, overseeing an action plan to rectify non-conformances and improve standards.
- You will check, approve, and review raw material suppliers ensuring that they have been approved as per the supplier approval procedures.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-orientated person who possesses a strong drive to learn and grow in this dynamic field.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training, mentorship, and exposure to various aspects of the Group Technical Function, contributing to ensuring we continue to deliver high-quality products to our valued customers.
- Typically, 3 A levels or relevant industry experience including a Science or Food Technology, minimum 5’s in English & Maths
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft packages
- Strong communication skills needed to deal with customers, suppliers, auditors, and internal departments
- Be able to work independently or as part of a small team
- Must be organised with good time-management skills
- Full driving licence and vehicle access as this role may require overnight stays.
We can offer;
- Extremely competitive starting apprenticeship salary
- Comprehensive apprenticeship training plan to support you in completing your L6 Degree with Sheffield Hallam University.
- The Buddy programme ensuring all new apprentices are partnered with members of staff to support
- Enrolment into our company pension scheme with enhanced contribution options
- Access to opt into our company Share Save scheme, with the ability to purchase company shares at a discounted rate
- Discount membership at major high street stores and supermarkets via our company discount portal
- Cycle to work scheme
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023.
Interviews will be held 13th / 14th December 2023.