Group M&S development Controller
- Put Cranswick at the forefront of innovation in all fresh pig meat product categories ensuring Cranswick is the partner of choice for delivering relevant differentiation and true inspiration for the consumer
- To develop and deliver site and customer growth plans through commercially robust development and market leading innovation across the fresh division
- Develop expertise in key areas of operation but look to identify new opportunities.
- Ability to look beyond product; to create the vision and deliver business growth
- Responsibility for the development, mentoring and challenging of the Fresh Division development team for best practice
- Own M&S development relationship and maintain supplier of choice status
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Co-ordinate cross site projects and submissions e.g. Christmas with an overarching view to avoid duplication across sites and push what’s right for the customer/best product
- Ensures consistency in approach across sites and prepare the team by pre-empting what M&S will ask…
- Encourage cross functional working across the M&S team (internal and external)
- Critique & sign off products where sites need support to ensure they deliver against the brief/feedback
- Understanding of M&S process, expected pace and keeping site teams on track
- Lead strategic sessions across multiple sites
- Internal Cranswick co-ordination & act as a filter between M&S and Cranswick.
- Agree critical paths with site development lead.
- Develop and manage the innovation pipeline beyond seasonal NPD
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Experience of working as a senior development manager role in an FMCG business – ideally chilled / fresh
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and creativity skills to deliver new ways of working
- Excellent manager of people with experience of engaging peers and direct reports to ensure the best possible results and working environment.
- Confident decision maker and strong communication/influencing skills
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with all levels internally and externally
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 4th March 2024
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward