Group Health and Safety Graduate
Cranswick are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Graduate to join our Group Health and Safety team in our goal to become ‘The World’s Most Sustainable Meat Business’.
Cranswick plc was founded in the 1970’s by a group of farmers in East Yorkshire and has since grown to become one of the most successful food manufacturing businesses in the UK, with a turnover exceeding £1.6billion. Through shrewd growth and investment, the business has expanded from its original roots, to now operating across 18 facilities in the UK, supplying most of the major UK retailers and food service customers with a range of premium, fresh and added-value food products.
Listed as a FTSE 250 company, Cranswick have well invested, industry leading facilities and an ambitious growth plan which has enabled them to create a workplace with opportunities where people can progress and develop their careers.
This Health and Safety Graduate Programme consists of several modules within our business over a two-year period to gain a solid understanding of how Cranswick plc manage risk. You’ll be working collaboratively with our Group functions and other sites involved in the health and safety aspect of our business, before going into a health and safety coordinator role at the end of the graduate programme.
We are looking for an individual with a keen interest in health and safety who would like to progress a career with on of the largest food manufacturers in the UK, working with us to ensure we are operating as safe as possible, developing new systems, and implement risk reduction programmes.
Part of the Graduate Scheme includes enrolment onto our Graduate Development Program. This programme that has been specifically designed for new graduates joining our business straight from university. The programme focuses on developing a new entrant into the industry and the world of work, and also develops your skills enabling you manage yourself and potentially others within the workplace. The Graduate’s role will be based in Hull with the availability for flexible working if necessary
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Strong analytical skills, a high level of personal drive and a high learning ability
- Can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Have a keen interest in health and safety
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decision
- Some travel is required between site locations so driving licence is required
- An Engineering or science-based degree is not essential, we are open to applicants studying all degree backgrounds, as long as they are willing to learn and aspire to work within an health and safety function.
We can offer;
- Starting salary £26,000, with an increase to £26,500 in year 2.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme
- Buying up to 5 days additional holiday
- Access to opt into our company Share Save scheme, with the ability to purchase shares at a discounted rate
- Discount at major high street stores and super markets via our company discount portal
- Cycle to work scheme
A full job description is available upon request. If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application. To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV
Closing date: 28th February 2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward