Group Compliance Officer
This role is within Group Technical Services, based at Riverside (Hull)
To act as Group Compliance Officer for Cranswick Group (Country Foods, Convenience Foods, Continental Foods & Poultry) with specific responsibility for working with the Group Compliance Controller, Group Compliance Supervisor and site based Technical Managers / Divisional Technical Controllers to deliver a risk assessed programme of scheduled audits to confirm site technical, H&S, environmental and ethical compliance with specified retailer technical policies (JS, M&S, ASDA, Co-op & Morrison’s – others may be added), technical standards (Tesco Manufacturing Standard), 3rd Party Standards (BRC, ISO, SMETA) and unannounced pre-production hygiene audits.
Main duties include, but not limited to:
- To have specific internal audit delivery responsibilities for at least 4 sites across the Group, which cover BRC, Customer Policies and ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- To provide a resource to the Group Compliance Controller and Group Compliance Supervisor to assist in ensuring that Retailer technical compliance auditing is completed across the Cranswick Group (Country Foods, Convenience Foods, Continental Foods & Poultry) as per the required schedule. This includes the delivery of JS, ASDA, Morrison’s and M&S Policy audits.
- To assist in the delivery of the Unannounced Pre-Production Hygiene audits around the Cranswick Group to ensure that each site, as directed by the Group Compliance Controller or Group Compliance Supervisor, is audited at least annually.
- To provide the Group with a flexible resource that can be called upon by site based Technical Managers / Divisional Technical Controllers / site-based Health, Safety and Environmental Managers to assist them in preparing their site for key audits and other technical visits to site.
- Knowledge of customer codes of practice, BRC Standards and ISO 45001 and 14001 Standards
- Previous experience in auditing is not essential to the role as full training will be given
Ideally have the following but training can be given:
- Internal Auditor Training
- Level 3 HACCP
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 3 H&S
Compliance audits may require nights away from home, weekend work and night working.
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Elaine Moon, Group HR Advisor: Elaine.Moon@cranswick.co.uk
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 25th July 2019
Interview dates: Monday 12th August and during w/c 19th August 2019