Further Processing Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Further Processing Manager to join the team working 4 on 4 off with A Shift
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working alongside factory colleagues in key disciplines. You will be expected to demonstrate good communication and organisational skills and lead by example to assist your team to achieve the results and standards required in your area of responsibility. You will be a professional who has a working knowledge of the technical details of production, who can provide leadership to other employees in the department, who can analyse new and evolving situations, who can communicate goals and objectives to others and who is able to work well with peers from other disciplines. Additionally, you will be a champion and an industry leader in food safety and defence, exceeding all audit standards.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- People: Communicate effectively with colleagues, management and key discipline colleagues. Deputising for the High Risk Departmental Manager in their absence.
- Health and Safety: To keep and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Food Safety: To work within food safety specifications and communicate anomalies
- Quality Standards: To ensure quality standards defined by the customer are achieved
- Paperwork: Complete, store / deliver relevant paperwork according to procedure to allow traceability etc.
- Procedures: Working to strict manufacturing, health and safety and technical procedures to ensure standards and safe working is achieved.
- Production Plans: Working in accordance to production plans to meet both internal and external orders
- Hygiene Plans: To complete the daily hygiene plan
- Company values: To adhere to and support the company values ‘bringing our values to life’
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing company
- Experience of Leading a large team
- Proven management style with a focus on coaching and mentoring
- Application of Lean manufacturing principles include experience of implementing 5S
- Qualified in Level 4 Advanced Food Hygiene
- Minimum L2 Health & Safety, IOSH prefereed
- Working knowledge of HACCP, TFMS and BRC standards
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV:
Hazel Pearce, HR Manager (email email@example.com)
Closing date: 13th December 2019