Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all day to day Finance functions, ensuring that robust controls are in place and that the finance department runs smoothly. This role will have direct reports as follows: Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger.
- Verification of accurate stock valuation.
- Weekly accounts preparation and analysis, including presentation at the weekly P&L review.
- Review and approval of supplier payment runs and staff payroll.
- Resolving queries of departmental staff, from other site departmental managers, and from head office.
- Run the month end process in full including producing the management accounts and group accounts.
- Balance sheet control, reconciliations and follow up of any issues in a timely manner.
- Completion of returns to head office
- Ensure all monthly payments are made in a timely manner including Pension and PAYE
- Tracking and control of capex projects
- Production of a P&L rolling forecast
- Cover absence of Divisional Financial Controller, Management Accountant and Commercial and Systems Accountant.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts including analysis of major movements.
- Main Point of contact for both internal and external audit.
- Challenge of costs throughout the P&L, in particular overhead related spend across the site.
- Year-end work; including tax.
- Continuous Improvement of financial processes and controls.
- Challenging other departmental managers on cost control and value for money.
- Ensuring group policies are being adhered to.
- Other tasks as required.
- Fully Qualified accountant.
- Extensive hands on experience in all areas of accounts preparation – financial and management accounts.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage and develop the Finance team.
- Strong character and comfortable with challenging other departmental managers.
- Excellent time management skills – able to meet tight deadlines individually and as a department.
- Experience of working cross functionally with the ability to explain financial impacts and issues to non-financial staff, and influence decision making.
- Not afraid to make unpopular decision – which are in the best interests of the company.
If you are interested in applying for the position please send a CV and covering letter to Thilanga Gammanpila, Senior HR Advisor:
Closing Date Friday 31st March 2017
No agencies please