Farm Unit Manager
Wayland Farms Ltd are a pig production company who are passionate about breeding and nurturing the best pigs in the country. We form part of the successful Cranswick Plc., one of the largest food producers in Britain.
We are looking for a competent Manager to run our brand new unit fully equipped with state of the art equipment on light land in Gt Massingham.
Job requirements of Unit Manager:
- Manage a team of 5 stockpeople on the Gt Massingham unit and maintain high levels of performance on the unit
- Ensuring the unit is kept clean and tidy at all times while maintaining the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and your team
- Feeding, moving and handling the pigs as well as stock counts and regular communication with the office
What you will need:
- To lead by example in all that you do and support other colleagues/teams and management
- To demonstrate good time keeping
- Adhere to Animal Welfare at all times, ensuring that the company codes of Practice and policies are followed
- Previous practical experience with livestock
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £competitive
- Pension – 2% employer contributions/3% employee contributions
- Discounted ShareSave Scheme after 1 years’ service at December
- Death in service insurance
Email a CV and covering letter, including why you think you’re suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org or pass your application to the HR department.
Closing date: 30th November 2018 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward)
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.