Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Various shifts 06:45-14:45, 08:00-16:00, 11:00-19:00, 13:00-21:00, 15:00-23:00 (will need to be flexible to accommodate some night shift working)
Job Grade (INT): Grade 5
An exciting opportunity within the People Team at Cranswick Continental to lead and drive people performance, identify and implement training standards and ensure consistency of approach across all departments. To be the champion of operational standards and promote team development to achieve goals and KPIs.
What does the day to day look like for this role?
Work together with the Learning and Development team and managers across the site to identify, monitor & maintain training requirements for Cranswick Continental Foods.
To assist the Learning and Development department in ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day training operations in order to fulfil business needs and targets, maintaining product safety and quality standards.
To deliver training procedures used on site to ensure suitable and sufficient training is provided to all employees that require it in line with legal and company policy within the required timeframes.
- Organise and plan training delivery of internal H & S, Technical, Environmental & Procedural training with the area supervisors in the factory
- Maintain and develop training matrixes to enable clear monitoring to satisfy the requirements set out by customers’ standards and internal audits
- Collaborates with H & S, training team and departmental managers to improve the standard of current training procedures.
- To support with and run training sessions including inductions.
- To compete training administration tasks ensuring all records are accurate
- Plan training for team members commensurate with the factory including regular refresher/update training as and when required
- Complete regular observations on training that has been delivered
- Create learning content on the core
- Support apprenticeship providers with on site visits and interim meetings with apprentices
- Report to management / Cranswick group training completed, compliance against set standards & identification of further requirements.
- Work with approved temporary worker providers to ensure training requirements are met within the required timeframes.
- Complete internal audits on training records held and support with company audits
What skills will help in this role?
- To impart knowledge and training in a way that all employees will understand to complete set tasks
- The ability to read and write in English
- Train the Trainer Certification
- Food Safety Level 3 beneficial but not essential
- HACCP Level 3 beneficial but not essential
- Manual handling and H&S awareness
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with systems, documentation, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- To be able to listen to all persons, both senior managers and production employees and take on board comments they have made and if required to act on them
- To have the correct communication skills that accompany the level of the job
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Conduct themselves in a responsible and courteous manner at all times
- Enthusiastic and orderly approach
A full job description is available upon request.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27th May 2022