Opportunities have arisen for Factory Operative roles to work 06:00 to 18:00 to work as part of the production team to help achieve the daily production plan. Adhering to procedures, rules and processes set out by production management and other key functions.
To work in a safe and time effective manner in accordance with health and safety standards and ensuring food safety, hygiene and quality standards are achieved.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- Operate tools, machines and equipment for which training has been provided by the trainer to assist in the manufacturing process of all products.
- Work efficiently to achieve the daily production plan and communicate shortfalls and production problems to the relevant person in a timely manner.
- Mentor new colleagues as required
- Adhere to all rules, processes and procedures in relation to the work process and conduct as set out by the production management team and other key disciplines such as Health and Safety, Human Resources, Technical and Hygiene.
- Complete all paperwork as instructed accurately and within time specifications.
- Carry out work in a safe manner so as not to endanger yourself or a colleague.
- Ensure that product is produced within food safety, hygiene and quality standards and that any anomalies are reported to your line manager.
- Follow correct procedures i.e. the meat from the floor procedure.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from debris and waste to reduce the risk of accidents.
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- General awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Strong team working ability
- Ability to communicate politely and effectively, understand and follow instructions.
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please request and complete an Application form from Emma Peach, HR Assistant:
Emma Peach, HR Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: Friday 27th September 2019