Factory Operative - Low Risk Dept (A & B Shifts)
Permanent/Full-time - Monday to Friday & 1 in 4 Saturday working
Rotational shift pattern 6am – 2pm/2pm – 10pm
To work as part of the production team to help achieve the daily production plan. Adhering to procedures, rules and processes set out by production management and other key functions. To work in a safe and time effective manner in accordance with health and safety standards and ensuring food safety, hygiene and quality standards are achieved.
- Operate tools, machines and equipment for which training will be provided by the trainer to assist in the manufacturing process of all products.
- Work efficiently to achieve the daily production plan and communicate shortfalls and production problems to the relevant person in a timely manner.
- Mentor new colleagues as required
- Adhere to all rules, processes and procedures in relation to the work process and conduct as set out by the production management team and other key disciplines such as Health and Safety, Human Resources, Technical and Hygiene.
- Complete all paperwork as instructed accurately and within time specifications
- Carry out work in a safe manner so as not to endanger yourself or a colleague.
- Ensure that product is produced within food safety, hygiene and quality standards and that any anomalies are reported to your line manager.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from debris and waste to reduce the risk of accidents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills / qualifications / attributes:
- Reliable and good timekeeping
- General awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Strong team working ability
- Ability to communicate politely and effectively, understand and follow instructions.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: HR Department, Cranswick Convenience Foods 71-72 Helsinki Road Sutton Fields Hull HU7 0YW for an application form. All application forms should be returned by 3pm on Tuesday 30th May 2017.
** Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying **