Engineering Shift Manager
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Engineering Shift Manager on A Shift. The role will provide direction and support for a team of multi-skilled engineers to achieve the maintenance of the plant and machinery across the site. To assist in the reduction of plant downtime, continuous improvement initiatives, health and safety and project work. To assist in the overall engineering management of the site by liaising with the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Manager. To proactively seek to reduce plant downtime through due diligence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- To provide direction and support for a team of multi-skilled engineers to achieve the maintenance of the plant and machinery across the site.
- To assist in the reduction of plant downtime, continuous improvement initiatives, health and safety and project work.
- Managing employees to ensure the engineering function is running smoothly, efficiently and safely at all times.
- Working alongside Area Managers, Factory Managers, Quality, Planning and other Key Discipline Heads e.g. Technical, H&S and Product Development.
- Maintain management information systems to aid the management of and reporting of KPI’s including Effective Labour Utilisation, Stock Control Management Systems, Planned Preventative Maintenance programme for all factory machinery
- Ensure a Planned Preventative Maintenance System is adhered to
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of multidisciplinary working and process improvement
- Be able to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decisions in time pressured situations
- Proactive approach to challenges
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical and proactive approach to challenges
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel, and a proven ability to learn and work with in house systems.
If you would like to apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to Leah Mackereth in the HR Department or via email to Leah.Mackereth@cranswick.co.uk
Closing date: 27th September 2019