4 on 4 off 6:00pm-6:00am
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Engineer to join the busy Engineering team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain the designated plant and equipment sufficiently to enable the business to operate within food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
We are looking for a time served maintenance electrician with NVQ3, ONC or equivalent. The successful candidate should have knowledge of Omron, Lenze and Siemens PLC’s and be confident using a laptop and the relevant software to interrogate and fault find a PLC fault.
The main duties are:
- Maintain plant and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Liaise with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities on the plan or breakdowns
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- To undertake any training courses as the need of the business dictates
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment
- Any administrative duties as required in the fulfillment of the engineering plan
- To decrease time lost due to breakdowns
- Satisfactory completion of the engineering plan, designated areas and equipment
- Routinely test the metal detection equipment and failsafe features
- Carry out planned maintenance on the equipment which includes in depth visual checks to critical machinery components to identify damage and metal on metal contact or wear
- Document PPM checks and record any necessary corrective action
- Ensure that the workshops and engineering equipment are maintained and in a clean condition that this fit for purpose
- Ensure that tool boxes are clean and free from unnecessary extraneous matter which could be hazardous to production
- Understand the principles of metal detection and have a thorough knowledge of the equipment and testing routines
- Attend required training in line with current legislation, Health and Safety guidelines and changing departmental operations
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Site Environmental Permit, company HSE policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all times
- To identify hazards in the workplace and actively take part in the behavioral safety programme
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area
- Understand and minimise energy and waste within the department
Note that the list of duties is not exhaustive and is intended for guidance only.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 15th February 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying