Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in Britain. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. These values are delivered by our most important asset – our team of experts working strategically throughout the business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, dream big and apply today.
A new opportunity has arisen for an Engineer at the Cranswick Sutton Fields (Cooked Meats). Main duties will include to maintain and optimise the plant and equipment to meet the sites operational needs. Keeping the plant in a safe working order, Operating effectively, and meeting all Technical, and Quality requirements expected in a modern food manufacturing facility.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
• Carry out reactive and proactive maintenance of site machinery, equipment and systems to minimise downtime, optimise performance and maximise safety.
• Daily completion of the Engineering work log.
• Attendance of the daily Operations level 1 meeting
• Ensure work orders are completed to a high standard within the required time scale.
• Drive completion of PPM work in accordance to the monthly schedule.
• Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Work within all Technical, Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures at all times.
• Effectively and efficiently source and use resources, including spare parts, consumables and equipment.
Requirements, experience and person specification:
• Experience of Supervision is preferable but not essential
• Experience in both Electrical and a Mechanical capacity and qualified to 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
• Proactive, ‘Right first time’ approach
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate strong organisational skills
• Computer literacy: proficient in Microsoft applications
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Vikki Daniel, HR Generalist (Vikki.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward