An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Technologist to join the team at Valley Park.
Key duties will include:
- Production of development samples that meet the requirements of the NPD brief and are technically and financially feasible.
- Provision of accurate and comprehensive project information
- Source new raw materials in line with Technical and Purchasing guidelines
- Working closely with Technical for the production of samples for shelf life and nutritional analyses.
- Co-ordination of factory trials.
- Support the on-site technical team in generating internal and external customer documentation.
- Support the team’s co-ordination and ownership of product launches.
- Support the Technologists management of Development projects.
- Understanding of full site product portfolio and operational processes.
- Support the presentation/demonstration of development samples to existing and potential customers to facilitate the development process.
- Maintain areas to acceptable standards of hygiene.
- The ability to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and positive approach
- You will be self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to work from recipe sheets to produce factory samples
- Awareness and understanding of factory equipment and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised in a factory environment, scaling up recipes and conducting trials
- Awareness of food quality standards
- Mathematical abilities esp. Percentages
- Driving licence would be advantageous
- Flexible approach to working hours
Applicants should hold health & safety, food safety and basic HACCP qualifications and preferable a relevant degree or equivalent in food science with at least 1 year’s industry experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate must be reliable, conscientious, possess a strong team ethic and have a positive mental attitude.
Daily working hours are from 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive with one-hour for lunch each day.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Interested? Please apply in writing enclosing a current up to date CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Department, Valley Park Industrial Estate, Wombwell, S73 0UN or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
Closing Date: 29th March 2019