Despatch Team Leader
Despatch Team Leader
Cranswick Gourmet Bacon, Sherburn in Elmet
To ensure that all despatches, transfers and out loadings are correctly picked, despatched, documented and dealt with efficiently, using manual and computerised warehouse management systems. Assist in ensuring the smooth running of the day-day operation in order to fulfil business and department needs and targets, maintain product safety and ensure that quality standards are achieved.
People: Communicate effectively with colleagues, management and key discipline colleagues
Health and Safety: To keep and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others.
Food Safety: To work within food safety specifications and communicate anomalies
Quality Standards: To ensure quality standards defined by the customer are achieved
Paperwork: Complete, store / deliver relevant paperwork according to procedure to allow traceability etc.
Ethical: To respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick ethical policies and codes of conduct, when interacting with your colleagues at all times.
Procedures: Working to strict manufacturing, health and safety and technical procedures to ensure standards and safe working is achieved.
Despatch Plans: Working in accordance to Despatch plans to meet both internal and external orders
• To ensure that the safety, quality and legality of the products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- • To carry out the daily duties of the Despatch department to meet the requirements of the Despatch schedule established by management, whilst working in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, food safety legislation and quality standards specified by our customers. Ensure that orders are picked and collated accurately for onward distribution through the supply chain ensuring all documentation is completed accurately
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Administration duties as required to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved
- Ensure all resources are utilized efficiently holiday and sickness is covered and does not impact on required performance
- Train and monitor staff in Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Working Practises, including new employee inductions to the department
- Continuously monitor performance and activities of the area through the use of KPI’s with a focus on cost control
- Work closely with the stock control department to facilitate accurate stock takes.
- Daily and weekly stock management of equipment (HSF dolavs) is to be followed to keep balance
- All ASN and SSCC labels controlled and distributed correctly.
- Check any stock variances and report findings.
- Complete daily scorecard metrics and e-mail accompanying reports.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Group and site induction.
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- Great awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions.
- Always conduct themselves in a responsible and courteous manner
- Co-operative, enthusiastic, and orderly approach
- Respectful, positive, and helpful attitude.
- Team Player
- Previous supervisory experience ideally within a food environment
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Be able to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decisions
In return we offer… competitive hourly rates of pay, an excellent benefits package inclusive of service awards, increased holiday entitlement, and social events which are extended to friends and family.
Shift patterns and Rates of pay to be discussed at interview stage.
Interested candidates, please apply by emailing your cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending your cv and cover letter to the HR department, Cranswick Gourmet Bacon, 1 seafox court, Sherburn- In-Elmett, LS25 6PL
Closing date: Friday 30th September 2022
Please be aware that the closing date can be brought forward if a suitable candidate is sourced.