Opportunities have arisen for Despatch Operatives to join our Despatch Team. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all deliveries, transfers and out loadings are correctly received, documented and dealt with efficiently, using manual and computerised warehouse management systems.
- A dynamic individual, who is driven and committed
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work under pressure, be flexible and dedicated
- Motivated, reliable and have a strong attention to detail
- Very good standard of written English
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- To complete the requirements of the daily picking sheet distributed by the Despatch Team Leader/Manager. If, under any circumstances the picking sheet cannot be completed, this must be reported to the relevant person
- Undertake stock rotation, thus dispatching finished stock in the correct picking order i.e. the oldest first
- Communicate any stock shortages to the Despatch Team Leader/Manager after completing the orders of each customer
- Load and unload products onto and from vehicles as instructed by a more senior member of the Despatch department
- Ensure all pallets are identified and labelled correctly prior to loading
- Produce and supply all relevant delivery documentation for all goods loaded onto vehicles to be dispatched, to act as a receipt to customers
- Check all vehicles satisfy all food safety requirements / legislation and company standards / regulations including temperature checking and ensuring acceptable levels of cleanliness,
- Carry out a daily stock take of all finished fresh products, record in date order and distribute to relevant third parties
- Liaise with the Planning department and action any dated stock requests or order amendments.
- To assist during internal / external audits as required
- Operate and conduct all duties in a safe and appropriate manner
- To ensure that the FLT daily check sheet is carried out
- Housekeeping standards are maintained and adhered to
Send your up to date CV via email at email@example.com or pick up an application form and bring it back to HR Dept by Friday 1st July 2022.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying. Please note, that if a suitable candidate is found, the closing date may be brought forward.