Despatch & Intake Senior Area Lead
Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
Our people are at the heart of the business, therefore we are looking for a highly motivated individual to embrace this role supporting the Despatch & Intake Manager with the onward delivery of finished goods to all customers, ensuring accurate and timely deliveries whilst conforming to customer and site specifications and maintaining the highest possible Health & Safety standards. This role will require flexibility as you will need to cover holidays of the Despatch & Intake Manager and the Area Leads across the day and night shifts.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that systems and policies are to be highly credible and presented in robust formats. They should cascade through the structure providing awareness of current performance at all levels
- Driving systems based processes for compliance to MRP, NAV and other software used in the business
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of current best practise and potential cost benefits and strategic developments
- Demonstrate an ability to lead, develop and manage staff
- Monitor the Area Lead role ensuring compliance in all areas
- View and assess current working procedures, shift patterns staffing and shifts
- Work at other sites i.e. cold stores at key times
- Responsible for ensuring the company commitment on training and development is met within all the factory operations
Requirements, experience and person specification
If you are highly motivated, ambitious, with good computer, communication, organisational and people management skills, preferably with 3 years experience in a in a chilled food distribution centre/warehouse, this may be the role for you. A full clean driving licence with counterbalance and reach forklift licences are advantageous.
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: Debby.email@example.com
Closing date: 9th July 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward