Despatch Chargehand (Days)
4 On/ 4 Off - 06:00 – 18:00 or
Monday - Friday - 05:00/ 13:00 – 13:30/ Finish
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Despatch Chargehand to join the busy Despatch team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to supervise and ensure that there is a smooth running of the Despatch operation, under the guidance of the Despatch Manager.
The main duties are to supervise and complete the below daily tasks:
- Supervise the Despatch Operatives ensuring they are carrying out the correct scanning and assignment of product from boxing into stock locations and correct paperwork into Despatch
- Ensuring all Retail requirements are picked and presented in a timely manner
- Maintain satisfactory standards of performance, safety and hygiene
- Manage the order collection and palletising, including stock rotation, maintain the shelf life requirements and ensure the correct locations are used
- Maintain packaging integrity and product safety by removing any blown or damaged packages
- Take receipt of bought-in chilled products and packaging and ingredients and manage the correct re-labelling of these lines
- Maintain Despatch temperature records
- Ensure all orders are despatched in good time for customer receipt
- To motivate and work alongside the team in a hands-on role to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Ensure that the team are wearing the correct PPE at all times
- Liaise with office staff regarding loading and booking times
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your area
Please note this is not a full description of the duties involved and you will be expected to undertake other aspects of the role any training that the company deems necessary.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 27th September 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying