An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Delford Operators to join the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to effectively run a production line on a daily basis ensuring that the required specifications are met and the agreed yields are achieved.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Perform Gas checks and label scan checks.
- Managing the housekeeping on the line and surrounding areas throughout the day
- Ensure staff are allocated to required areas and are utilised to a maximum.
- Be familiar with quality and customer specifications using the on the line QAS.
- Monitor and control KPI’s.
- Give away, case weight and yield – seek information and apply corrective action.
- Record fabrication issues on a daily basis.
- Ensure that lost production time is kept to a minimum by maintaining the speed of the line, and to minimise the waste of raw materials, packaging and consumables.
- Correctly identify all ‘Work in Progress’, ‘Residuals’ and packs from ‘End of Production runs’ and process in accordance with all Technical specifications and requirements and Safety regulations.
- Seek continuous improvement where necessary.
- Ensure an exceptional level of internal and external customer service through on time deliveries and minimal customer returns.
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop their team in order to reduce staff turnover and encourage maximum productivity.
- Ensure labels are correct and signed off when collecting from stores.
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Good management / supervisory skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Minimum Level 2 Food Safety
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (advantageous)
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward