Customer Marketing Manager
As the successful Customer Marketing Manager at Cranswick Continental, you will be responsible for sales and profitability through developing and managing category strategies based on category insight and consumer understanding. You will build and manage relationships with customers that ensure Cranswick are the preferred supplier for proposed category opportunities.
Working closely with the commercial and NPD team to develop and manage a proactive and innovative NPD strategy based on consumer insight.
The categories we supply include
- Continental Meats
- Olives and Antipasti
- Cooked Meats
- Fresh Pasta
- Pizza Counter
- Front of store/ Food on the move
Required Skills and experience
- Generating and implementing short and long term category plans that deliver leading retailer performance and profitable sales development to Cranswick.
- Joint involvement with account team in developing a customer Joint Business Plan for each category and driving customer market share position.
- Developing and leading strategic plans for all categories, reviewing and evolving these to fit with the retailer ranging windows.
- Leading category performance reviews focusing on opportunity identification – delivering insight and answering the “so what” that this insight raises
- Supporting customer decisions with information and ad hoc requests (for example range reviews, strategy days, inductions, SKU performance analysis)
- Constantly challenging category assumptions and developing a fresh approach to utilising qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assessing performance against strategic category/business plan targets using retailer data and EPOS to track v plan and Kantar to explain performance in the context of the market on a monthly basis.
- Segment level performance review using retailer data and EPOS to show performance and Kantar to identify and quantify opportunities on a quarterly basis
- Working in partnership with customers to develop a 12 month rolling strategic promotional programme by category that is driven by category insight and consumer objectives.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships that go beyond day to day negotiation and deliver true long term value to the customer through partnership.
- Ability to work closely with peers across the Cranswick group to achieve consistency in group approach and allow skills sharing.
A full job description is available upon request