Cooker Operative (Days)
PERMANENT - 4 ON 4 OFF – 6am – 6pm
To work as part of the production team to help achieve the daily production/cooking plan ensuring adherence to procedures, rules and processes set out by production management and other key functions. This is a permanent role to work a 4 On 4 Off Shift pattern.
- Cooking and cooling: Loading and unloading cookers, blast chillers and holding chillers whilst monitoring, documenting product temperatures.
- Paperwork: Completion of cook and cool and other process records to monitor product quality and safety and to allow for traceability.
- People: Communicate effectively with colleagues, management and key discipline colleagues and work as a team.
- Health and Safety: Maintaining a safe working environment for yourself and others and following safe working practices.
- Food Safety: To work within food safety specifications and communicate anomalies.
- Quality Standards: Ensuring quality standards defined by the customer are achieved.
- Procedures: Working to strict manufacturing, health and safety and technical procedures to ensure standards and safe working are achieved.
- Production Plans: Work in accordance with production/cooking/cooling plans to meet both internal and external orders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills / qualifications / attributes:
- Food hygiene / health and safety principles certification
- Good oral and written English skills
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- Strong attention to detail
If you are interested and would like to apply, please ask for an application form from the HR Department by contacting: email@example.com
Completed applications should be returned by Friday 19th July 2019
** Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying **