Continuous Improvement Process Technician
An opportunity has arisen for a Continuous Improvement Process Technician. Ensuring the optimisation of factory processes and yields considering Technical, Operational, Commercial and customer requirements whilst identifying and delivering cost savings to the business.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- Proactively identify potential quality and cost improvements. Manage agreed projects to deliver said improvements. Working with buying, technical, production and development as relevant.
- Mentoring operatives and management on meat technology and its importance on finished quality and yield.
- Analysis of factory process yield variances. Identify both the short-term issues and long-term trends and implement any corrective action as necessary.
- Co-ordination of factory improvement trials.
- Responsibility, in conjunction with process, to monitor and review new products in the factory.
- Identify problem areas and resolve, including packaging format suitability on raw materials.
- Resolve quality issues that have been identified as recipe/process linked.
- Understanding and management of the drivers for finished product quality variation.
- To be involved in the early stages of new machinery introductions, co-ordinating the relevant departments to ensure that optimum benefits are delivered. Support the relevant training requirements.
- Annual review of factory processes and machinery.
- Work with operations and Process to monitor post-launch product
- To demonstrate good housekeeping practices at all times
- Other duties as required to support the success of the department and business overall.
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Level 3 HACCP
- Computer literacy
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please request and submit a covering letter and CV to:
Emma Peach, HR Assistant (email@example.com)
Closing date: 23rd August 2019