Concept to Launch Development Technologist
To provide a site-based resource within the development department to support delivery of NPD, EPD and VAVE (value adding, value engineered) projects for the Gourmet Bacon site for the customer base from concept to launch.
To develop products from point of project approval by site to launch ensuring it is in line with both customer and Cranswick expectations whilst satisfying all relevant technical and operational criteria in line with critical path. Thus, delivering a timely and faultless successful launch, supported by the relevant site functions.
While responsibilities are site based there will be the requirement for travel between sites and to customers.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Support delivery of NPD, EPD and VAVE (value adding, value engineered) projects for the Sherburn site for the customer base from project approval to concept launch.
- Manage and support with panels and present to retailer with confidence.
- Independently assess samples for customer sign off panels and seek sample sign off with NPD manager/controller before dispatch to customer.
- Accurantely complete customer and internal paperwork in a full and timely manner.
- Takes accurate notes during meetings and send detailed contact reports both internally and externally
- Maintain project files with detailed notes and record chronologically to audit standard.
- Be champion of the stage and gate process; providing feedback on existing record sheets/procedures.
- Chair and/or attend stage and gate meetings and distribute minutes/actions in a timely manner.
- Review and approve artwork for products/projects against site procedure.
- Understand WGJLL for upscale trials; Plan and execute in line with key stakeholders to ensure key data is collected and recorded to deliver ‘right first time.’
- Work with the technical team to ensure trials are executed in accordance with validation standards required. This includes but is not limited to cooking validations, micro and chemistry testing.
- With line manager support, ensure operational engagement is in place before presenting paper ideas or innovation product to customers.
- With support of line manager develop products that meet the retailer brief.
- Drive from scratch recipes that fit with the site operational competencies. Be aware of retailer brand standards and with support develop products that meet them.
- With support of line manager, deliver strategic projects in line with site/retailer plans.
- With support of line manager write a detailed critical path from brief to launch.
- Communicate project status to internal colleagues through formal meetings. Escalate issues to line manager in a timely manner.
- Give constructive feedback to suppliers on samples with clear next steps
- Organise all aspects of factory trials including but not exclusive to; ordering new raw materials and booking in line time, ensuring supplier samples, trial data capture, assessing product process flows
Requirements, experience and person specification
- A strong process development knowledge ideally provided from experience (minimum 18 months experience) from chilled/within a similar field
- Food science or technology qualification is ideal but not essential
- Demonstrates good customer service, both internally and externally
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Computer literate
- Familiar with machinery and processes within the factory
- Must be able to work well both as an individual and within a team
- Demonstrates passion in all that they do
- Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
- Must be comfortable working and being hands on both in the factory and office environment
- Good attention to detail
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Thilanga Gammanpila, Senior HR Advisor (Thilanga.Gammanpila@cranswick.co.uk)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward