Commercial and Systems Accountant
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, this new role is the vital link between production, commercial and finance. The role is varied and encompasses working together with and challenging of both the commercial and operational teams, in addition to development of the sites systems and reporting capabilities.
- Product Costing for new products.
- Continued development of the sites financial systems including NAV.
- Verification and challenge of existing product costings and margins.
- Working with NPD, Commercial and Operational Managers to develop and improve business, customer and product performance reporting.
- Supporting the operational and commercial teams with relevant information to understand and improve performance.
- Embedding the results of improved understanding, systems improvements and other learnings into the finance department.
- Commercial and Operational knowledge based input into the weekly accounting process.
- Verification of savings made by changes in factory process.
- Main point of contact for operational and commercial based finance queries.
- Attendance at factory meetings.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Fully Qualified accountant.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing operations, with extensive costing experience.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Desire to add value through finance.
- Comfortable with dealing with staff at all levels from factory floor to director level.
- Excellent time management skills - able to prioritise and manage workloads effectively.
- Experience of working cross functionally and influencing decision making.
- Not afraid to challenge accepted practices in order to verify/improve business performance.
If you are interested in applying for the position please send a CV and covering letter to Thilanga Gammanpila, Senior HR Advisor:
Closing Date Friday 31st March 2017
No agencies please