Cold Store Administrator
Cranswick is a leading UK food producer with revenue approaching £2 Billion. We produce and supply premium food to high profile UK grocery retailers, the food service sector and other UK and global customers.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join the team at our busy King Geroge Dock site in Hull (HU9 5NF). The purpose of this role is to, following the correct procedures, ensure that all receipts/despatches are entered and recorded to give total accountability and traceability of all stock movements. To communicate clearly with all parties, both internal and external to ensure the site operates efficiently under the guidance of the Cold Store Charge Hand. To provide administrative assistance, support and cover where necessary.
Experience for this role is desirable but not essential as full-training will be given.
This is a fixed term 3 month contract.
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 18:30
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- To have a full understanding of the computer system to ensure work is carried out effectively and efficiently
- Ensure all receipts/orders are processed accurately, generating necessary paperwork and issuing to relevant parties in a timely manner to ensure hauliers are not delayed
- Check stock has been booked in correctly, checking receipt paperwork accurately
- Check stock has been combined correctly, checking pallet numbers and quantities accurately
- Update and maintain all relevant spreadsheets applicable to the department
- Provide customers and Cold Store Management team with reports and information daily and as requested
- Scan and file paperwork correctly and without delay
- To review and action booking diaries and the cold store log to ensure all orders are raised and issued accurately
- Manning reception, greeting visitors, liaising with Driver’s and communicating with relevant department
- Answer incoming calls and taking bookings/enquiries from customers and passing to relevant person if necessary
- Be interactive with all departments within the company so they can carry out their function for the benefit of the customer
- Ensure all issues affecting the efficiency of the site are communicated to the Senior Cold Store Manager
- Highlight areas of improvement
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Full understanding of the warehouse management system (desirable)
- Is able to generate all paperwork for receipts/despatches as per site procedures.
- Has knowledge of the different areas with the cold store i.e. Bulk Fresh, Exports, General, knock-out & combining pallets.
- Is accurate when checking/completing tasks.
- Maintain satisfactory standards of performance, safety & hygiene
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@cranswick.co.uk
Closing date: April 21st 2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward