Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
We are looking for a highly skilled, passionate, engineering leader.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for managing the maintenance, upgrades, and performance of all operational machinery, infrastructure and the supply and use of utilities to ensure the site achieves maximum efficiency from its assets, whilst operating to the highest level of safety.
The main duties of the role include (but not limited to):
Responsible for all equipment, infrastructure, and utility supply, ensuring the site always remains safe and operational:
- Establish, agree, and implement proactive maintenance plans to ensure optimal performance from all equipment, plant and infrastructure at all times
- Establish, agree, and control Engineering staffing levels & cost
- Control all utility supply and costs in line with site requirements and agreed budgets
- Build a long-term replacement and upgrade programme for all equipment and infrastructure, preparing, submitting, and implementing capital projects as a result.
- Lead regular reviews of operational equipment performance, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies in production, financial performance, product quality & health and safety practices
- Lead regular reviews of utility supply & usage, identifying opportunities to reduce utility usage, cost and safety of supply
- Play a leading role in our Net Zero team through reporting carbon emissions and building a long-term reduction plan
- Lead all on site infrastructure projects and contractor control in line with industry and health and safety standards
- Ensure a programme of Engineering staff performance review, PDP’s, succession planning and training are delivered at least once per annum.
- Ensure that buildings, new equipment, and machinery is compliant with current and intended EC Directives and Working Practices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working as an Engineering Manager
- Experience in developing planned maintenance schedules and work planning which have successfully achieved a reduction in downtime and enhancing performance.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to react positively as areas of concern affect the performance of the factory.
- Experience of leading successful and engaged teams.
- Experience of leading large-scale strategic and/or capital expenditure projects.
- Experience of driving successful continuous improvement initiatives.
- Degree qualified (in an engineering discipline)/ or equivalent
Salary to be discussed at interview
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 25th May 2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found this date may be brought forward