Category Marketing Executive
Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in Britain. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. These values are delivered by our most important asset – our team of experts working strategically throughout the business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, dream big and apply today.
An opportunity has arisen for a Category Marketing Executive to join our Marketing team. As a Category Marketing Executive, you will assist in developing and driving category plans for specified accounts through category insight and consumer behavior understanding. Develop category knowledge and expertise and utilise this to ensure customers adapt to changing consumer needs, giving the retailer and Cranswick opportunities for growth.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Support category plans to ensure a proactive approach where Cranswick leads the consumer agenda with relevant Retailers as their preferred supplier for proposed category opportunities. Contribute to plans through clear category and consumer insight. Input into NPD briefs to ensure product concepts deliver against growth opportunities.
- Liaise with the Senior Category Marketing Manager to ensure consistency of approach and sharing of best practice between accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate Retailer category performance against Corporate RST or total category growth as relevant. Contribute to customers promotional and category range management through clear analysis and insight and assist with NPD, ranging and merchandising opportunities within this process.
- Improve category performance understanding through utilisation of available data sources. Share insights to ensure Cranswick and its customers are informed to the best of our ability to make effective decisions. Insight and reporting will be driven from weekly EPOS where relevant along with 4 weekly market data sources.
- Track consumer, market and category trends, ensuring the business and customers are proactively informed of developments. Support the assessment of impacts from these on performance and help identify growth opportunities they present for customers.
- Contribute to consumer research projects, ensuring projects deliver to timescales, budget and that all needed stimulus is provided to achieve the maximum insight. Collaborate in the Identification and development of opportunities from projects to improve category performance and secure mutual growth opportunities.
Requirements, experience and person specification (bullet points)
- Minimum of 1-year experience working within a Category Management function in an FMCG business.
- Good analytical abilities and able to interpret data from multiple sources into trends, actionable insight, and opportunities with a logical clear flow within end outputs.
- Good presentation skills and can communicate category opportunities and reviews in an engaging and impactful way.
- Experience of using market data, (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby, Aimia) and can extract relevant data and insight.
- A self-starter able to use initiative to work alone also and work effectively in team environments.
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to: Vikki Daniel, HR Generalist (Vikki.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 28th May 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward