An exciting new role has opened up within Katsouris Brothers. We are looking for a Buyer to work within our purchasing team. The successful candidate will coordinate the day to day purchasing function of ingredient’s, packaging and some indirect. You will support group initiatives as and when they arise, to deliver greater insight into divisional purchasing strategy through data systems management, analysis and understanding.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
· Successful integration of products into the factory in line with critical paths and the customer development process.
· Ensuring timely raw material supplies to the factory within division, to agreed specified quality levels and commercially competitive as possible.
· Support in management of strategic stocks to ensure adequate business continuity and efficiency whilst ensure waste is minimized.
· Establish prices and product make up to assist with the costing of potential new products.
· To identify areas where cost can be driven out of the input price or efficiencies gained through sound data and trend analysis e.g. cost price files, reporting and yield analysis
· Liaise with suppliers to develop an effective relationship where suppliers are effectively briefed, understand their role and required contribution to a successful launch and on-going delivery of materials e.g. effective briefings, accurate and timely technical information, process, Deliveries, service level and quality feedback etc.
Requirements, experience and person specification
· Experience within food industry in a similar role
· Excellent motivational/interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Good literacy and numeracy skills.
· Computer literacy (Excel/Spreadsheet manipulation).
· Ability to maintain records and write reports.
· Conscientious accuracy and eye for details.
· Clean driving license.
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
John Constantinou, Purchasing Manager (John.email@example.com)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 28th March 2020
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward