We are currently recruiting for a Buyer on a permanent basis for our Food Production site in the S73 area of Barnsley.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Controller the purpose of the role is to manage and implement the day to day purchasing of packaging, ingredients and site service material for the site; ensuring the site is supplied to agreed specification, with the best possible commercial terms, on time and in full. Key activities include;
· Responsible for the day to day purchasing at Cranswick Valley Park site.
· Establish, agree and monitor supplier quality and service level delivery. Ensure a robust review and continuous improvement program is in place when service or quality delivery is not 100%.
· Control expenditure and unit item cost in line with agreed budgets and site requirements (e.g. bulk order review and sign off, etc.).
· Authorise and communication of all non-meat material costings for new SKU’s.
· Implement and maintain a regular cost review process (at least monthly), ensuring a positive PPV variance overall vs. modelled and 100% match rate between purchase orders & invoices.
· Create and lead a purchase price and supplier review process at least once per annum, identifying opportunities to reduce cost, without compromise to supply or quality (Purchasing lead for the site profit improvement plan).
· Build and implement a multi-year site sourcing plan with the aim of reducing cost & increasing supply / quality delivery. This plan is to be signed off by the commercial controller and Site Director.
· Ensure purchasing play a lead role in the Net Zero sustainability plan, by identifying and implementing an annual plan of new initiatives to reduce plastic/packaging usage and/or carbon emissions within the supply chain.
· Monitor and review (at least monthly) any stock write off’s/wastage, communicating this to the finance teams and implementing a corrective action plan when these occur.
· Implement and maintain a strong communication plan between site and the purchasing function, this should include a monthly purchasing report at the site management meeting and updates to and from group purchasing.
· Reporting of packaging waste and other relevant environmental data for purchasing is accurate, up to date and supplied on time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated individual with excellent organisational and project management skills, who has the ability to prioritise, manage deadlines, has commercial awareness and interpersonal skills, the ideal person will be computer literate (particularly excel/spreadsheet manipulation) and can demonstrate a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Applicants should have a good standard of general education (GCSE, A’ level or equivalent or working towards obtaining this standard or close) and must have experience in a food packaging buying role, experience in non-meat procurement is highly desirable.
Hours of work are 40 per week Monday to Friday and requires a flexible approach around core hours.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more then please apply now.