Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
With the UK demand for skilled butchers the highest it has ever been, we are keen to attract the next generation of exciting and ambitious new talent to join the team here at Cranswick.
Becoming a butchery apprentice will offer you the opportunity to learn the skills of a specialised pork Butcher, all whilst earning a full-time wage and gaining a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Butchery.
As an Apprentice Butcher you will be involved in learning knife skills to enable you to fully butcher pigs to various customer specifications. Adherence to food hygiene and company standards is key to the role to produce high quality cuts, whilst maintaining customer standards.
Start Date – AUGUST 2022
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday, 6:00am - 14:30pm
Within the 15–18-month apprenticeship, you will learn:
- Knife skills and the craft of Butchery
- Functional skills (English and Math’s)
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Basic life skills
- Leadership skills
As part of your apprenticeship, you will receive:
- NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship Diploma in Butchery
- A guaranteed job, depending on performance, on successful completion of your 15–18-month apprenticeship
- Support and training to enable your career progression throughout your apprenticeship and beyond
- £8.39 per hour, basic pay rate
- £40 Weekly attendance bonus
- Full time employment upon completion
- Share save scheme and employee benefits app
- 28 days Annual Leave entitlement
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB
or email firstname.lastname@example.org