Bulk Packing Supervisor (Nights)
Monday to Thursday - 16.00pm – 12.30am
Friday - 12.00am – 08.00am
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Night Shift Supervisor to join the busy Bulk team at the Preston site.
The purpose of this role is to effectively manage a packing area (Stringing Room / Tender Loins / Marshall Chill / Pack Chill / China / Export Room / Bulk Pack 2 / Freeze Line / Trims) and any workers in your charge, ensuring that the targets defined by the Bulk Packing Lead Supervisor are continually achieved.
The main duties are:
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of all areas within Bulk Packing from delivering a best quality product to ensuring product yields and giveaways are met at all times
- To ensure planned outputs are achieved precisely, economically and to the predetermined quality standards.
- Ensure that lost production time is kept to a minimum
- Ensure an exceptional level of internal/external customer service through on time deliveries and minimal customer returns
- Liaise with the Bulk Packing Room Senior Supervisor to identify the correct levels of staff required to fulfil customer demands ensuring that labour costs are kept to a minimum where possible
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop their team in order to reduce staff turnover and encourage maximum productivity
- Conduct CCP checks relevant to the area being worked in and report any none-conformances through the proper processes
- Ensure closure of any CCP none-conformances raised and proactive prevention of repetition
- Monitoring KPI and efficiency boards to ensure targets are met
- Provide assistance and support to the supervisors when needed
- Ensure that all orders have been met in time required
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Mentor and coach people
- Improve processes and practices
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 20th September 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying