Bulk Packing Line Leader x2
Monday - Friday (Days)
Shift Times Vary
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Line Leader to join the busy Bulk team at the Preston site.
The purpose of this role is to effectively manage a packing area (Stringing Room / Tender Loins / Marshall Chill / Pack Chill / China / Export Room / Bulk Pack 2 / Freeze Line / Trims) and any workers in your charge, ensuring that the targets defined by the Bulk Packing Lead Supervisor are continually achieved.
The main duties are:
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of a designated area from delivering a best quality product to ensuring product yields are met at all times
- Ensure planned outputs are achieved precisely, economically and to the predetermined quality standards
- Ensure that lost production time is kept to a minimum
- Ensure an exceptional level of internal/external customer service through on time deliveries and minimal customer returns
- Liaise with the Bulk Packing Room Lead Supervisor to identify the correct levels of staff required to fulfil customer demands ensuring that labour costs are kept to a minimum where possible
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop their team in order to reduce staff turnover and encourage maximum productivity
- Conduct CCP checks relevant to the area being worked in and report any none-conformances through the proper processes
- Ensure closure of any CCP none-conformances raised and proactive prevention of repetition
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
- Uphold good housekeeping and hygiene practices to ensure product safety, with particular attention to temperature control and general hygiene
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 28 June 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying