Assistant Finishing Manager
About Wayland Farms:
Wayland Farms Ltd are an award-winning pig production company who are passionate about breeding and nurturing the best pigs in the country. We form part of the successful Cranswick Plc., one of the largest food producers in Britain.
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finishing Manger has arisen to support our Finishing Manager. We require an experienced fieldsman who is confident working across all areas of the Finishing Team in the East Anglian Region.
Job requirements of Assistant Finishing Manager
- Provide Support and Cover for Finishing Manager when required
- Actively involved with all areas of the pig finishing process in order to meet the business requirements for the company for a designated area
- Ensure that the five freedoms in respect of animal welfare are followed by all colleagues
- Operate to the set strategic, physical and financial targets.
- Ensure contractors operate facilities to the agreed welfare and customer requirements.
- To operate to the required health and safety standards
- Development of Contract producers for continued improvement.
- Support all organised training and team meetings
- Ensure Company recording and monitoring systems are updated in line with requirements to support compliance for own area and that of the wider finishing team
What you will need:
- High Welfare Pig Production, practical knowledge and with proven experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build key stake holder relationships both internally and externally
- A full driving licence
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £competitive
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Discounted sharescheme
- Death in service insurance
Email a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 1st February 2021 (please note that should we receive significant interest; this closing date may be brought forward). Initial interviews likely to take place via video conference.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.