Cranswick Country Foods Poultry is hiring an Agricultural Planner at our new, purpose-built processing facility in Eye, Suffolk.
- Monday-Friday @ 8.00am – 5.00 pm (1 hour for lunch)
- On call once a week and every 3rd weekend
- £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the Agricultural Planning Manager to plan live birds effectively and continuously into the factory ensuring the enviromental and welfare standards are maintained at all times
- Liaising between the factory and farms to ensure that supply and demand are matched whilst maintaining quality
- Liaise with farm managers to ensure that farm production issues do not impact on planned factory output.
- To create and compile kill programmes, Preparing all relevant paperwork to authorise the slaughter of birds
- Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand
- Ensure the accurate upkeep of Live Bird Database, Parent Flock information, Broiler Schedule, Hatch and Line count and other files needed to allow accurate data for planning
- Respond to and investigate complaints from members of the public/farmers/factory. Work with the technical department to compile non-conformance information and actions.
The ideal candidate would need the below in order to be successful:
- Valid driving licence
- Commercial awareness - Logistics experience
- Computer literate to a high standard, Excel especially
Pay and Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000 pa
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Access to our Cranswick hub, with retail discounts and a range of other perks
- Death in service insurance