2x Preparation Team Leaders (Night)
2x Preparation Team Leader’s (Night)
We are currently recruiting for 2x Preparation Line Leaders to work on a 4 on 4 off night shift pattern within the factory.
• Check daily attendance registers, record and forward on to departmental supervisors before 7.30pm and ensure compliance of absenteeism and return to work procedures and policies.
• Utilisation and Management of core staff and agency to maximise production and minimise cost.
• To ensure strict compliance of CCP’s at all times.
• Lead, develop and motivate the Line Leaders and production operatives in accordance with the business plan.
• Carry out effective PDPs on all members of your team.
• Attend production meetings to report on staff numbers, KPI’s, machinery breakdowns and any other issues that need to be addressed at the meeting when necessary.
• To ensure daily plans and targets are achieved (e.g., KPI’s, yield output, attendance) and down time is minimized.
• Liaise with engineering and hygiene departments etc. to improve current processes.
• To further develop communication both with and between departments both formally and informally.
• To maintain rules and regulations and good practices with regard to health and safety, food hygiene and quality standards and a clean as you go policy.
• Coordination and verification of completed documentation to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained. Ensure process paperwork is completed in a timely fashion with correct information and it is communicated to the factory floor and all relevant stakeholders.
• Identify and train multi skilled line operatives on all relevant departmental tasks and rotate all operatives at appropriate intervals throughout the day ensure safe/best working practices.
• Ensure operatives in the preparation team comply with health and safety policies e.g., wearing the correct PPE prior to commencement of task.
• Deal with non-conformance reports as necessary.
• Follow company procedures when dealing with/settling grievances on behalf of line operatives.
• To promote equal opportunities.
• Undertake any training that may be required or desirable.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required commensurate with the post that may be determined following consultation between yourself and the shift Manager.
• Assist in other departments if required.
• Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety in your area
• Ensuring that all information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is passed to your team.
• Liaise with the Health and Safety Coordinator to establish controls for health and safety to include: Daily Start Up checks, Accident and Near Miss Investigations, monitoring of corrective actions coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery and equipment in your Area of responsibility.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Group and site induction.
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- Great awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions.
- Willingness to learn
- Always conduct themselves in a responsible and courteous manner
- Co-operative, enthusiastic, and orderly approach
- Good level of efficiency, courtesy and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Conscientious towards and willingness to meet deadlines.
- Flexible approach with ability to carry out a wide variety of tasks under pressure and adapt to the needs of the Company.
- Respectful, positive, and helpful attitude.
- Team Player
- Able to work on own initiative.
Hours of work- Continental night shifts pattern (4 on 4 off) from 6.30pm-7am
but flexibibility around the agreed core hours is essential in this role.
Rates of pay to be discussed at interview stage.
A full Job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates, please apply by emailing your cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatiley please see a member of the HR department for an application form.
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2022